Bitwala Partners With Celsius To Offer Annual Interest On Bitcoin HODLers
Bitwala Partners With Celsius To Offer Annual Interest On Bitcoin HODLers
May 18, 2020
Bitwala Partners With Celsius To Offer Annual Interest On Bitcoin HODLers
Bitwala Partners With Celsius To Offer Annual Interest On Bitcoin HODLers
May 18, 2020

Bitwala, the German-based blockchain banking firm, has partnered with Celsius, the pioneering DeFi platform, to offer annual interest on Bitcoin HODLers of up to 4%.

It has been reported that funds deposited from customers who opt to use Bitwala’s Bitcoin Interest Account will be loaned to institutional borrowers through Celsius by earning weekly interest on their Bitcoin in the form of BTC.

However, the firm frames DeFi as “a new way to generate wealth” by highlighting the opportunity for passive income to be generated from crypto holdings.

It has been analyzed that users can deposit from $12 worth of Bitcoin into Bitwala’s interest accounts, and are able to add and withdraw funds at any time, as only network fees are incurred through using the account, with investments and withdrawals processed without cost to the user.

Likewise, Celsius has enabled over $6.2 billion since launching during June 2018, with the firm providing loans to a network of over 150 institutional borrowers. However, Celsius takes 20% of the interest earned on user funds by paying the remaining 80% directly to users.

ALSO READ :  OKEx to be Delisting Five Privacy Coins

As per the report, the returns generated by the app change slightly each week in response to market dynamics.

 Alex Mashinsky, the Founder of Celsius, stated that the DeFi platform was conceived “to create something that will bring more utility and create less volatility” and drive widespread adoption.

He also argued that offering easy access to interest income unlocks a multi-billion person market for crypto.

Thus, Mashinsky concluded:

“Seven billion people want to earn yield and want to earn interest. If you could just do that, and do it ten, twenty, fifty times better than your bank, and you build trust — that’s how you win [people] over.”

Source: Cointelegraph | Image: Pixabay


Crypto News Point a news platform of Digital Notice Media Labs is primarily a regular publication of information, commentary and articles focused extensively on fintech, blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, blockchain-based tokens, cryptocurrency market trends, and trading strategies. We do not provide individually tailored investment advice and does not take a subscriber’s or anyone’s circumstances into consideration when discussing investments, nor is Crypto News Point registered as an investment adviser or broker-dealer in any jurisdiction. Information contained herein is not an offer or solicitation to buy, hold, or sell any digital assets.

Affiliate Disclosure: To help support the work we do here at CNP, we often link to products and deals from around the web. Should you buy some of these, we may get a portion of the sale.

We in generally gather content from the major websites. In every article there is always a clear link and attribution to the source publication. If you have any issue with any of our published content taken from your site, kindly let us know so that we can take appropriate action. In any case, the content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.

You May Also like

AXA To Offer Its Customers Pay With Bitcoin

AXA To Offer Its Customers Pay With Bitcoin

AXA, Europe’s second-largest insurance firm, has planned to offer its customers the option to pay their bills with Bitcoin (BTC) through a collaboration with the established cryptocurrency broker Bitcoin Suisse. It has...

Ishita Bora

Ishita Bora is a Senior Content Creator at Digital Notice Media Labs with experience of 1.5 years. She has completed her Master's Degree in Language and Linguistics in 2019 from Gauhati University, India. Her interest lies in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency space. She loves writing about blockchain and other blockchain-related articles.