Three Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
July 7, 2020
Three Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
July 7, 2020

Three female crypto influencers were got blocked from Instagram after critiquing the Binance Influencer Awards. Rachel Siegel, also known as CryptoFinally, was recently the only woman nominated for the Binance Influencer Awards.

It has been reported that Siegel alleges that she and her two fellow female crypto influencers were blocked from Instagram after their criticism of the underrepresentation of women in the Blockchain industry.

The other women who were allegedly targeted are Catalina Castro aka TechWithCatalina, Lea Thompson aka GirlGoneCrypto and Eryka Gemma Flores aka BankOfEryka.

Three Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
Image: Medium

However, Siegel said that she has been very vocal about the underrepresentation of women in the crypto industry, as she noted that out of 25 award nominees, she is the only female.

She added:

“I have been very local about the fact that there is a gender disparity in the cryptocurrency community and people are not happy with that. They have never been happy with talking about feminist values. So what we know is that the people who were removed were me, GirlGoneCrypto <…> and <…> TechWithCatalina.”

Likewise, TechWithCatalina was the only female nominee for the Binance Spanish Awards. Both women have been known to collaborate with Siegel.

ALSO READ :  NEO Partners With BSN To Push Blockchain’s Mainstream Adoption Forward

As per the report, it is possible that Instagram users who disagreed with or felt threatened by the calls for inclusion reported the trio to Instagram, either individually or as a unified effort. Once enough users report a user, their account will typically be suspended pending manual review.

Three Female Crypto Influencers Get Blocked From Instagram After Critiquing Binance Influencer Awards
Image: Hiking Illustrated

Nominees for the Binance Influencer Awards were apparently determined by both the community and the Binance team.

Thus, the community vote carried 60% of the weight with Binance’s team accounting for the remaining 40%.

Source: Cointelegraph | Image: Newsd.in


Disclaimer

Crypto News Point a news platform of Digital Notice Media Labs is primarily a regular publication of information, commentary and articles focused extensively on fintech, blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, blockchain-based tokens, cryptocurrency market trends, and trading strategies. We do not provide individually tailored investment advice and does not take a subscriber’s or anyone’s circumstances into consideration when discussing investments, nor is Crypto News Point registered as an investment adviser or broker-dealer in any jurisdiction. Information contained herein is not an offer or solicitation to buy, hold, or sell any digital assets.

Affiliate Disclosure: To help support the work we do here at CNP, we often link to products and deals from around the web. Should you buy some of these, we may get a portion of the sale.

We in generally gather content from the major websites. In every article there is always a clear link and attribution to the source publication. If you have any issue with any of our published content taken from your site, kindly let us know so that we can take appropriate action. In any case, the content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.

You May Also like

Ishita Bora

Ishita Bora is a Senior Content Creator at Digital Notice Media Labs with an experience of 1 year. She has completed her Master's Degree in Language and Linguistics in 2019 from Gauhati University, India. Her interest lies in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency space, as she loves writing about blockchain and other blockchain-related articles. Currently, she is working on blockchain-based news, reviews, featured articles, and guides.